NEXT OBEDIENCE CLASSES
Next Intermediate Class to be determined.
June 29th Basic Obedience Class in Burbank, CA
6:30 to 7:30 PM (7 Lessons, $175)
8:00 - 9:00 AM Beat the heat!
July 9th Basic Obedience Class in Burbank, CA
*8:00-9:00 AM (7 Lessons, $175)
6:30-7:30 PM Beat the heat!
Reserve your spot now - fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
INTERMEDIATE Obedience Class
Getting a CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certification, you’ve come to the right place. We provide the program you need to prepare your dog for the test. Group lessons are held at the park where you and your dog will learn INTERMEDIATE training, brushing up on earlier training and includes getting your dog to be a better listener, greeting properly (not jumping up), Down-Stays for long-duration, recalls, retrieving, heeling and strengthening Basics. Also included are learning how to deal with skateboard/bicycle distractions, drop it and leave it.)
It also includes going out to restaurants and public places to meet new dogs, people and practicing good doggie etiquette.
The following are what your dog will be (CGC) tested on and what we will practice in this class:
Sitting politely for petting and grooming (brush only).
2. Having a stranger pet, brush, and handle your dog’s feet and ears.
3. Taking your dog “Out For A Walk” (Loose leash walking exercise).
4. Doing a “sit” and “down” and staying in that position as you walk 20 feet away.
5. Staying and then come from 20 feet.
6. Walking through a crowd of people and one dog and not try to greet anyone.
7. Having you and another person with a dog greet each other and have the dogs sit and not try to meet the person or the dog.
8. Be desensitized to strange, loud, and unusual noises and props.
9. “Supervised Separation”: Allow a stranger to hold his/her leash and be calm when you leave for 3 minutes.
Sign up is located at the bottom of this page.
A 6 week course (6 classes) for $165.
Beginning Obedience Class is a pre-requisite for this class.