For more information
call (818) 559-5482.
In-Home Dog Training and Group Lessons:
The first question is, what are your goals?
Intensive training is very effective in getting fast, proven results. Both owner and dog interact with the trainer.
If your pup needs potty training, jumping and nipping issues, learning how to properly walk on a leash or a good foundation to learn to Focus and listen to you in the first place, I can help you to get that done. This is training for not just your dog. The purpose is to train the owner so that he/she can continue to maintain what I imprint into the dog.
Personal lessons are a wonderful solution if you have a wife or husband who doesn't quite have things under control in the Doggie Department. If you feel he/she is ruining your dog and would like me to come and deliver a lesson, be the neutralizer, please give me a call and let me know the specifics.
Please call or text me at: (818) 559-5482.
One of the main goals in GROUP LESSONS is to not only train your dog but to also train YOU!
Most people can commit to 3 simple lessons and with the group atmosphere, and being given the opportunity to help each other, this influences the dogs in a positive way.
Each individual is there with the understanding that we have to take responsibility for each other as a group to overcome the various problems and scenarios that we experience in life and not in just a group dog lesson.
It is a wonderful thing bringing things to a better state of control. It starts with learning how to better communicate and getting your dog to be able to sit, Focus and listen and drill, drill, drill! Group lessons are a lot of fun! SO CALL ME TODAY AND SIGN UP FOR THE NEXT GROUP CLASS!
SMALL AND LARGE DOG OBEDIENCE BEGINNING AND INTERMEDIATE: 3 weeks for $60.00
What you and your dog will practice and learn:
How to communicate to your dog
Greeting people and other dogs correctly (not jumping)
Door manners - wait at doors (home or car)
Purpose of stationing
Being street smart
On-leash obedience around distractions
Loose Leash walking
Come from a down-stay
Down-stay in motion
Puppy problem solving (deter jumping, nipping, chewing).
THESE LESSONS ARE FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Call to confirm your space - no more than 8 dogs to a class.
ADVANCED OBEDIENCE CLASS: 3 WEEKS FOR $100
These are done in sets of three to make it easier to commit to. Performance of owner and dog will vary and therefore you will need to sign up for more than three lessons to fully obtain these goals. This could take an estimate of 3-6 months of constant training and supervision as an example.
What you and your dog will practice and learn:
Dog and cat socialization - includes having a real cat there at lesson.
Off-Leash Commands to Sit, Stay and Come
How to save money on grooming
THESE LESSONS ARE VERY EXCITING!!!
Please call Adelita at (818) 559-5482 to reserve your spot in the group class.
CLASSES HELD IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS WITHIN BURBANK or STUDIO CITY.
* WAIVERS MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE TRAINING CAN BEGIN.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO BRING TO THE LESSON: Proof of shots up to date, a 6 foot long flat leash (nylon or leather), secure collar, non-crumbly treats (such as Charley Bears that you can get at Trader Joe's) and a mat for your dog to lie down on (the grass may still be wet at that time).
No aggressive dogs are permitted in these group lessons. Please call me for an evaluation to determine what can be done to handle aggressive and behavioral problems.
- Also includes assisting on deterring/resolving adult problems. Your dog must be evaluated to determine if the problems can be resolved with this program.
- Written notes for Owner/handler to practice with dog between lessons.
- Socialization includes taking dog to various places such as park, store front or requested areas.
- Training lessons for Owner/Handler and the family if needed.
More on Dog Training:
The following is a list of items that are included in the obedience dog training.
- Housebreaking - how to do it.
- Preparation for maintaining a dog indoors/outdoors. (Includes buying all necessary items for training dog as well as explaining the purpose of each item. Also includes the importance of shots and neutering and the repercussions of not having them.
- Installation of training items into household.
- Establish present problems that need handling.
- Explaining the difference between good behavior and bad behavior.
- Communication - how dogs communicate to each other and how people and dogs can communicate together. How to maintain a positive relationship using this technique.
- Initial shaping of a dog. The exact technique including hand and body placement as well as deterring bad behavior as it comes up.
- How to give a dog a command - body positioning and achieving the desired result. Also, when not to give a dog a command.
- The purpose of a plastic kennel and how to properly use it.
- Walking - teaching both K9 and Owner how to do it without stress.
- Sit - proper placement as well as teaching when to use this command.
- Practice walking and putting the dog into a "sit".
- Practice walking and putting the dog into a "down".
- Teaching the command "come" including body positions.
- Teaching how to handle a dog "on the loose" and how to get it back.
- How to handle behavioral problems; chewing, digging, barking, jumping, aggression and other dog or puppy problems.
- Continue practicing feeding on the stationing mat.
- Practice more walking - spiffing up Owner on giving walk.
- What is a "Release" and how, when and why to do one.
- "Come" from a "down-stay".
- "Come" from a "Release".
- Socialization your dog. This includes going to areas such as a dog park, shopping center, busy street, outdoor café and any other specific location Owner needs dog to be socialized in.
- Education on the best way to travel in a vehicle with your dog.
For references you can call me and I will provide you with clients and Veterinaries that have seen my work.
Again, I provide in-home dog training in locations such as LA, San Fernando Valley, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, San Marino, Calabasas, Northridge, North Hills, Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Beverly Hills, CA and many areas in between. If you have any questions as to whether I can travel to your city please call.
Please call (818)559-5482 to schedule you and your dog into group training or in-home obedience training.